You are sitting down in your workplace and determine to locate out when your up coming appointment is. You decide up your cellular phone and murmur quietly, “OK Google, when’s my next appointment?” And then, loud adequate to be read around the total home, your Google Assistant announces, “Next up, you have an appointment with your urologist on September 3rd at 9AM.”
You really don’t have to hide less than your desk any longer. Google has now made it achievable to silence all Google Assistant voice output and only display the responses to your issues on your mobile phone. Here’s how to set it up:
- Access your Google Assistant by either extended-pressing on the house button or stating “Hey, Google” or “OK Google.”
- Tap the symbol on the decreased ideal corner.
- Tap your own icon on the upper correct corner.
- Find “Settings.”
- Pick out “Assistant” (on the best line).
- Scroll down to “Assistant devices” and find possibly the term “Phone” or the title that you have assigned your telephone. Faucet on it.
- Scroll down to “Voice and Speech” and tap on “Speech output.”
- Pick “Hands-cost-free only.”
And you’re carried out! From here on, you can possibly form in or discuss your requests to Google Assistant, and it will silently give you whichever enable it can present.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not affect editorial articles, even though Vox Media may perhaps generate commissions for products and solutions acquired via affiliate inbound links. For a lot more details, see our ethics coverage.